For some business, summer is the busiest time of the year. For others, however, the summer months mean a lull in client traffic, and a good time to do some yearly business housekeeping.
What can you do when business is slow to maintain an edge on your competitors? Many business owners take this time to update their social media with a fresh new look or re-brand an aspect of their company, or develop a new marketing approach geared towards summer months. Below are some popular ways to “summerize” your business efforts.
- Post pictures of your clients enjoying the summer weather. This is especially useful if your business is associated with the outdoors, such as a sporting goods store or a travel agency. You can even share these pictures again on cold days to increase appeal for your company and have clients making plans to visiting you in the summer.
- Social media is an excellent avenue for generating new clients and increased revenue for your organization. Take advantage of the extra time as a business owner to explore new social networks and expand your company’s fan base. Take the time to change all your profile pictures to seasonal summer ones to maintain a fresh image of the organization. Upgrade all your social media visuals to reflect your brand in the summer too.
- Devise ways to increase client involvement with your company. Add buttons to your websites that allow for newsletter subscription, or add social media buttons on the sidebar to allow your clients to follow you on Facebook and Twitter. You can also offer perks to new subscribers such as free recipes from your cook book, or free monthly articles delivered to their inbox.
- Take advantage of Yelp and other customer review-driven sites to draw in customers when business is slow. Offering one-time discounts or “check-in specials” is very appealing to new clients and might encourage some individuals to try your products or services for the first time. You can also offer discounts or free appetizers if customers write a review on the spot.
- Businesses can also hold raffles or contests that draw clientele for the summer and encourage them to participate in events that give the company more exposure. Any time you engage the community in your company’s events, you gain a new audience and increase your company’s visibility in the community.
However you decide to revamp your company’s brand this summer, it should be exciting, fresh, and relevant. It is important to envision what your clients would like to see on social media so you can engage them in the most effective way possible.